Balfour Beatty Major Projects is planning to employ some Assistant Quantity Surveyors for a nuclear project in Cumbria. The job responsibilities will be supporting the commercial/quantity surveying team concerning commercial & contractual control as well as the co-ordination of the endeavors of all parties associated with carrying out of a particular project or series of projects.
- Perform the tasks entrusted by the various members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team like measurement for valuations.
- Make sure that all duties are executed in keeping the standard company HSE processes and work instructions.
- Help in administering and preserving the contract cost reporting system as ordered by the line manager.
- Get cash flows ready for payments in and out.
- Help in creating the perfect prediction of project cost to completion and final value.
- Facilitating the sub-contract tender procedure by providing support for creating the sub-contract documentation.
- Produce payment certificates for sub-contract work.
- Help in creating interim applications for payment.
- Help in making the valuation of variations.
- Help in making valuations and claims and make sure that these are compliant with appropriate records.
- Help in creating the precise monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) following the Company’s reporting system.
- Recognize possible risk and opportunities and elevate these as correct.
- Execute assigned tasks in order to abide by the BMS and Group Minimum Commercial Expectations
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values.
- Provide a persistent focus on Zero Harm.
- Support the delivery of the CSUK Sustainability 2020 roadmap.
Qualifications: Prior knowledge in quantity surveying is necessary. Membership of a related professional body and/or working towards a pertinent professional qualification is desired (RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE). A legitimate CSCS card is needed.
Individuals should have the following expertise:
- Well versed with the tendering process.
- Familiar with the several contract forms generally applied in the construction industry.
- Sound knowledge with commercial management of Construction projects and the construction process in general.
- Good knowledge with sub-contracting principles.
- Knowledge for providing and acquiring Insurance, Bonds and Warranties.
- Expertise with administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.
- Capability for working in tandem with team and independently.
- Hardworking ability to work efficiently under pressure and rigid deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills with both internal and external customers.