This construction video will be very helpful for Civil Engineering Students to learn how to create the design concerning a singly reinforced concrete beam through step-by-step processes.
Reinforced concrete belongs to one of the primary building materials applied in engineered structures and it provides the following benefits :-
- Reinforced concrete contains superior compressive strength with regards to most other materials utilized in construction.
- Good fire resistance capability as compared to steel. It can defend against fire for a long period. It is also weather resistant.
- It is endurable and offers low maintenance cost.
- To some specific sorts of structures like dams, piers and footings, it can be the most cost effective structural material.
- It can be cast to accommodate with the desired shape and extensively applied in pre-cast structural components.
- It complies with unyielding members through least apparent deflection.
- Yield strength of steel is about 15 times the compressive strength of structural concrete and well over 100 times its tensile strength.