Highway construction is a major process which includes many steps and tricks. These steps include planning, designing and building. Good roads lead to the path of growth.
The highway joins different cities and places, the highway network are most important for the economy of any country.
This article by Tarun Goel, published in http://www.brighthubengineering.com brings the guideline that how various aspects of the highway construction works.
Once upon a time human beings only trail the animal’s footprint to go at a distance. But thousands of thousands year have gone past.
For constructing any highway, planning is the most significant part. Then comes design portion of the road. It is followed by the execution process. Proper planning helps the proper estimation, capacity management and given opportunity to the engineers to modify it in the future too. Hit this links to get more knowledge of it.
- Geometric Design of Highways and Roadways
- How are Roads Built Over Swamps?
- Role of the Manager in Highway Road Projects
- Bridge Construction – Design Considerations and Materials
- Pavement Maintenance: Pounds of Prevention vs. Tons of Cure
- Connecting The Dots In Bridge Construction
- How to Repair Concrete Cracks
The selection of the materials is very important. It depends on the type of the highway and the density of the traffic pressure.
The common materials are:
- Bitumen (asphalt): Asphalt or Bitumen is blackish thick liquid or it may be semi-liquid as well used for road construction.
- Concrete: Concrete is a compound material making mix of things in the likes of water, cement, stone-chips, additive and reinforcement.
Now days, the engineers are concentrating on the eco-friendly construction of roads andbridges. Some cast-off wastes are handy in this respect. Hit these links to get more knowledge.
- Concrete Roads vs Asphalt Roads
- Bright Hub does not have a page with this exact URL
- Benefits of Air-entrained Concrete
Highway Safety Guidelines: Safety is the most significant aspect of the highway construction. The traffic, pedestrians and other vehicle drivers should feel safe along with morning or evening walkers.
These things should be in the line properly:-
- Bott’s dots.
- traffic lights
- Walker’s marking
- zebra crossings
- traffic circle
- GPS-based road traffic monitoring systems