Concrete formwork stands for a temporary supporting structure for concrete. It is arranged at the job site to retain the concrete in perfect position and shape unless it becomes solidified.
Ensure that formwork should be done prior to start of concreting work, throughout concreting and after elimination of formwork. Concrete formwork contains both quality and safety threats. If the formwork is improper for the concrete and work is accomplished at height, safety issue may occur.
If the formwork is imperfectly organized and does not have good resistance capacity against leak, the quality of concrete may hamper. If the concrete formwork is stored sufficiently, the cost of the project is reduced significantly.
Checklist of concrete formwork in construction site:
Formwork Checklist for Walls:
1. Make sure lateral bracings rigidly supports the forms at all points of support.
2. Layout (stop end) braced to withstand vertical and lateral loads.
3. Form panels are sufficiently braced and attached with each other.
4. Formwork corners shall be adequately attached so that leakage, bulging and spreading of concrete do not occur.
5. Make sure there is adequate length for wall ties as well as necessary strength and spacing as necessary.
6. Verify wales to maintain proper spacing and joints and they should be staggered from one tier to the next.
7. In double member wales, one member remains continuous over the location of form ties.
8. Wall ties and bolts are tightened properly.
9. In case of double member, wales are utilized and both wales should contain similar depths.
10. Verify that sufficient lap exists among forms and previously cast concrete.
11. Make sure that there is no grout leakage at joints among panels and joints connecting old concrete and panels over them.
12. Examine the provision of resistance against uplift for sloping faces of concrete formwork.
13. Make sure that the installation of wall forms and placement of concrete should be done at the construction site in the presence of an experienced supervisor.
To get more details, go through the following construction article dssekamatte.blogspot.in